Construction of the new Arts Building requires a number of changes to where buses, parents and students will be parking on campus this school year. These changes include:
- The road past the new Arts Building up to the Davenport House will be closed to all traffic. It will not be available for parents to pick up or drop off students as in the past. Instead parents may drop off Lower School students in front of the 5th grade classroom. (Please do not leave your vehicle parked there, as it must accomodate a number of parents dropping off students.)
- The buses will drop off Middle and Upper School students in their usual location in front of the Middle School. However, Lower School students will be dropped off in the morning along the sidewalk by the Little Gym and the Errol Schmidt Athletic Center (ESAC).
- This location (sidewalk by Little Gym & ESAC) is also where all students will board the buses after school instead of on the road below the Davenport House.
- The parking lot used by Juniors (on the right after crossing the stream) will be reserved for visitors and construction vehicles only. Parents may also park in this lot if there is space and walk their students to the Lower School.
- The Juniors and Sophomores will park at the far end of the ESAC parking lot. They should allow extra time to walk to the Upper School so as not to be late for classes.
- See a printable version of the Campus Map with all of these changes identified in yellow.
If you are driving on campus, please allow extra time during the first weeks of school for parking. School personnel will be visible before and after school to help guide everyone to the new parking and pick up locations. Thank you for your patience!
Students in grades 6-12 can order lunches for four days out of the week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. You can now sign up for Fall Semester Lunches (Sept. 3 to Dec. 19, 2019). Lunches are $6.00 each, and the cost will be billed to your student account. The deadline for sign ups is Wednesday, August 28.
We have replaced Subway with Panera this year. In addition to sandwich choices (tuna, turkey, and ham & swiss), we are also offering mac & cheese, soup (chicken noodle or broccoli cheddar) and salads (Greek, mixed greens, or Caesar) from Panera on Wednesdays.
You may choose from just one day of lunches up to all four days in any combination, but every day will be the same choice and you are ordering for the entire session. For instance, if you choose Orange Chicken for Tuesday, that is what you will get every Tuesday. Please also note that there are no refunds for any reason, including missed lunches due to absences or field trips. We cannot accept any cancellations or changes after Sept 13, 2019. Refer to the Lunch Calendar on the website for details.
If you would like to take advantage of the Secondary School lunch program, please complete and submit this Online Order Form by 3pm, August 28. Thank you!
SGS Middle School students and teachers (along with Lakeside MS) spent several days in Washington DC and New York City in mid-June. See a Photo Gallery of them exploring the Capital's monuments and memorials, the Gettysburg battlefield, the Amish Country, and finishing with New York's sites and two shows (Blue Man Group and King Kong).
Thirty-seven members of the Class of 2019 crossed Graduation Bridge and received their diplomas from family and mentors on May 31. Watch a Video of the SGS faculty and Class of 2019 marching out following the Angus Scott Pipe Band after the Graduation Ceremony. Also see the Inlander Ad that highlighted each graduate and many of the colleges and universities that they were accepted to. And look for photo galleries of Graduation on the website in the next week or two...
See a variety of photos from the May 31 Graduation ceremony for the Class of 2019. See photo galleries of Candid Shots from before the ceremony, Photos by the Bridge with friends and families, the Start of the Ceremony, Kind Words for seniors with last names starting from A to J, Kind Words for those with last names starting K-Z, the Ceremony Closing, and the Reception in ESAC. Congratulations to all 37 members of the Class of 2019!
The May Term Habitat Class spent several days working around and inside a house under construction in Deer Park in a neighborhood of Habitat homes. They also spent a day at the local Habitat Store helping to clean up and paint tables (and each other). See photos of their work at the Habitat House and in the Habitat Store.
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Page 6 | Page 7 | Page 8 | Page 9 | Page 10 | Page 11 | Page 12 | Page 13 | Page 14 | Page 15 | Page 16 | Page 17 | Page 18 | Page 19 | Page 20 | Page 21 | Page 22 | Page 23 | Page 24 | Page 25