The Spring/Summer issue of Saint George’s Magazine is in the mail and available on the SGS website at sgs.org/magazine. Enjoy the following features:
- “The Nature of Education” features photos and short descriptions of a variety of outdoor learning opportunities;
- “Learning To Be Mindful” by Counselor Meghan Kilgore shows the benefits of being focused, aware, and calm;
- “Mindful Leadership in Times of Crisis” by Upper School Head Francesca Mulazzi offers tips for coping with a stressful job;
- “The Class of 2022” has photos from Graduation, the first joint student address, and where the grads are headed next;
- “Faculty & Staff Farewells” has tributes to eight Dragons who are retiring or moving on;
- “Holding Court” recounts the boys and girls basketball seasons;
- “Running Away With It All” highlights the girls’ track & field state championship team and other spring sports;
- “Doctor on the Borders” by Dr. Kyle Varner ’03 shares his experiences and thoughts from helping Ukrainian refugees;
- “The Scholastic Cup, Again!” shows how SGS earned the best 2B school ranking for academics and athletics for the third time in the last five years.
Plus check out Jamie Tender’s review of the year, learn about Mindful Mondays, read Alumni Class Notes, and see a variety of extra features — from additional photos of students’ outdoors and Graduation to meditation instructions and a Spokesman-Review article about Kyle Varner’s return from the war zone — on the sgs.org/magazine page.
The rest of the school’s recent news is still available at these links. Sign up for a summer camp, see end-of-school photos, watch dances and robots and a Rube Goldberg machine on the SGS YouTube channel, and much more at: